About Balkan Forum
Promoting the necessary actions for the introduction and successful use of business innovation is a key prerequisite for the economic development and promotion of healthy entrepreneurship both in Greece and in the rest of the Balkans.
With this in mind, in the context of strengthening Transnational Cooperation, the Ministry of Interior (Sector Macedonia – Thrace), in co-operation with the Managing Authority of European Territorial Cooperation Programmes (Interreg), took the initiative of organizing the 2nd Balkan Forum with key objectives:
- Evaluating the existing business and technology inventory as well as identifying specific needs and shortcomings.
- Bridging the gap between research and market.
- Exploring the possibilities of developing business and technological networking and synergies in order to make the best use of the existing potential at the Balkan level.
- Incorporating innovative proposals, either technological (process innovation, product or service innovation) or non-technological (eg management innovation, sales innovation) through the presentation of good practices.
- The transition and consolidation of a greener economy, since environmental protection is an essential condition for sustainable development.
- The promotion of sustainable development programmes, partnerships and networks in the Balkans during the programmatic period 2021 – 2027 of the EU funds.
The Forum consists of representatives of agencies from the Balkan countries (Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Albania, Republic of North Macedonia).
The event is going to take place on 25 & 26 of September 2020 and you can watch the live streaming broadcast here
The World First Aid Day was launched in 2000 by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), and each year this day is celebrated on the second Saturday of September.
The IFRC believes that first aid should be accessible to all and should also be an integral part of a wider developmental approach.