Cross-border Cooperation Programme IPA INTERREG
“Greece – Republic of North Macedonia 2014-2020”
The Cross-border Cooperation Programme IPA INTERREG “Greece – Republic of North Macedonia 2014-2020” is a European Territorial Cooperation Programme that supports regional cooperation between Greece and the Republic of North Macedonia. The Programme’s overall objective is to enhance territorial cohesion by improving living standards and employment opportunities holding respect to the environment and by using the natural resources for upgrading of the tourism product
The total budget allocated to the Programme is 45.470.066,00€, out of which 38.649.552,00€ (85%) is Union Support and the 6.820.514,00€ (15%) the National Counterpart.
The two Priority Axes of the Programme are:
- Development and Support of Local Economy
2. Protection of Environment – Transportation
5 Nuts III Regions: Thessaloniki, Pella, Kilkis, Serres and Florina
Republic of North Macedonia
4 Nuts III Regions: Pelagonia, Vardar, Southeast and Southwest
PA 1: Development and Support of Local Economy
Priority Axis 1. Development and Support of Local Economy
The PA1. Development and Support of Local Economy promotes employment and mobility of human resources as well as aims to improve health and social investments and services. It supports the protection of natural and cultural heritage in order to improve the attractiveness and encourage tourism in the cross-border area.
- 1.1: Create employment opportunities for educated graduates by exploiting comparative advantages of the crossborder area, preferably with the use of innovative tools and practices
- 1.2: Improvement of preventive health care and social services of children and elderly population mainly in the rural crossborder areas
- 1.3: Improve the attractiveness and promote tourism in the cross-border area by promoting and capitalizing natural and cultural assets